Improve Air Conditioner Efficiency with an Annual A/C Tune-Up
The 2018 Summer is just heating up with consistent 80+ degree days throughout the Puget Sound! Now’s a good time to schedule your yearly a/c tune-up for your air conditioner. Improve your air conditioner efficiency substantially by having your local trusted A/C cooling professional (that’s us) conduct a preventive maintenance inspection, often called a tune-up, on your cooling system. Yearly tune-ups ensure that your air conditioner and heat pump is operating at its highest possible level and that small problems have been identified and fixed before the system starts working full-time.
When you schedule your A/C tune-up, one of our trained HVAC professionals will have the opportunity to inspect and evaluate your air conditioner or heat pump. Our certified technician will be able to make adjustments, changes, and repairs that will improve air conditioner efficiency. These changes will also boost its performance, effectiveness and, reliability.
THE TECHNICIAN WILL PERFORM IMPORTANT MAINTENANCE TASKS, SUCH AS:
- Check refrigerant level and charge the system to the correct refrigerant amount.
- Inspect for and fix refrigerant leaks.
- Check, clean and tighten electrical connections.
- Inspect ducts for air leaks, loose connections or broken seals and correct problems to prevent air and energy loss.
- Lubricate parts such as fans and motors.
- Inspect belts for tightness and condition and replace damaged or missing belts.
- Inspect and clean drain pans and condensate drains.
- Add algaecide to drain systems, where needed.
- Check and clean condenser and evaporator coils.
- Check and calibrate system thermostat.
- Test fan blades for tightness and effective movement of air.
- Test system operation and adjust controls and other components.
YOU CAN ASSIST YOUR HVAC TECHNICIAN AND GIVE HIM OR HER EXTRA TIME TO CONCENTRATE ON TECHNICAL ISSUES BY DOING A FEW MAINTENANCE TASKS ON YOUR OWN.
- Clean or change the air filter every one to three months.
- Clean around the A/C outdoor cabinet, removing grass, leaves, and sticks from vents.
- Trim vegetation around the outdoor unit to provide plenty of clearance for proper airflow.
- Clean indoor vents and registers and make sure they are not blocked by boxes, clothing, furniture or other items.
For more information on how to improve air conditioner efficiency with a yearly A/C tune-up or maintenance contract, contact us today at give us a call 1-800-366-2619 or email us at email@example.com. For over 47 years, we have been providing quality service to the residents of Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom, Island, and San Juan Counties.